Eight sufferers had misplaced their lives when a significant fireplace broke out at Shrey Hospital in Navrangpura on August 6.
“We had issued reminders to as many as 160 business and residential buildings within the metropolis, together with a number of hospitals, whose fireplace security compliance certificates had been expiring on August 31. Of those, 9 hospitals have didn’t renew their fireplace security NOCs,” mentioned a fireplace division official.
He added that the hospitals have been given every week’s time to resume their fireplace NOCs.
“In the event that they don’t comply inside every week we’ll seal their properties and reduce drainage and electrical energy connections. We may also lodge legal complaints towards these defaulting hospitals,” the official mentioned.
The official added that it reveals utter neglect on the a part of these hospitals, as aside from issuing reminder letters to the properties whose fireplace security NOCs had been expiring, a listing of those buildings was additionally put up on the homepage of Ahmedabad Municipal Company’s (AMC) official web site.